Sunday, April 5, 2009

Things that Disturb Me



A few things that disturb me currently:

1. I'm starting to develop old man eyebrows. If they are out of control at 38, what the hell will they look like when I'm Andy Rooney's age???

2. Last week, Al Gore, the Green Prince, met with leaders of the LDS Church. Apparently the topic of discussion was not the Gore family genealogy line.

3. Upon looking at my teeth and TMJ misalignment, the dentist remarked, "You got to be kidding me!?!" It's just not something you'd like to hear from either a dentist or a physician.

4. I'm slightly disturbed by many Americans and some of our leaders who seem to have a love affair with Europe. Either they are desperate for Europe's approval, or want us to be more like our sophisticated friends to the east. I guess I don't mind American exceptionalism. I kind of liked growing up knowing that I lived in the best country in the world.

5. At this point in my life I should be able to make it through at least one session of General Conference without falling asleep. No such luck. I even attended the last session at the conference center and couldn't make it without a nap. It is frustrating and disturbing all at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. You're such a slacker. Any time you want to give your self a spiritual esteem boost, move back to Texas. Hell, we'll put ANYONE in the Bishopric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm. come down to STG and we'll take care of the eyebrow. As for conferance...it takes me a Dr. Pepper or 2 but whatever works.

    ReplyDelete